I love them. A lot. Email me a photo of your book club + No Number Nine, and I'll post it in my gallery instead of these quotes from the book. Or Instagram-it under #nonumbernine
Questions for your book club discussions (don't read these until after you've finished the book - I've tried not to give anything away but I don't think I succeeded).
1. Do you think Pip should feel guilty about how she behaved after Holly's death?
2. There are three scenes in the book with Pip + a man (one in England; one in Germany; one in Australia). How are each of them different and what does each of them say about consent?
3. Troy and Billy both sleep around - but are they the same kind of person? Why?
4. Pip spends a year living with the von Feldsteins, not telling them who she is. Why does she do this and do you sympathise with her lies? Would it have helped her grieving process to have done everything differently?
5. Do you love / like / hate the way Pip daydreams in film scripts? Why do you think she does it? Why do you think the author used this device? What do you think happened at the end of the book?
Feel free to email me more and I'll post them for other book clubs.